;

Care Giving Challenges: What I Like About My Life Today

by Nancy Wurtzel on March 14, 2012

1 Gwen March 15, 2012 at 7:10 pm

Hope the yoga class made a nice ending to your day. You are such a wonderful addition to our class. I am so honored you found us.
Peace,
Gwen

2 Nancy Wurtzel March 15, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Gwen, I’m the one that is honored!! I so look forward to yoga and it really is helping to keep me sane. THANK YOU!! Warmly, Nancy

3 bob becker March 15, 2012 at 3:08 pm

Its very sad , I had to place my wife in a home and I see her every day and it is sad she is young for altzeimers only 69, but she was diagnosed when she was 62. The last 3 years have been bad, we have a suppert group in T.O. Maybe you can find one where your at, if not you can call Sue at1-805-498-1988 she is knowable and will answer your questions of how you can help your mom and yourself.Only people who have walked in these shoes know what we go thru….regards Bob

4 Nancy Wurtzel March 15, 2012 at 7:31 pm

Oh, Bob, I had no idea about your wife and I am so very sorry. It’s such a terrible disease and early onset is especially cruel. Hang in there and thank you for sharing your life experience in this comment. You are in my thoughts. Warmly, Nancy

5 Marciana Poland March 15, 2012 at 12:31 pm

Nancy,
Being a caregiver is really tough. Hang in there!
Best,
Marciana

6 Nancy Wurtzel March 15, 2012 at 1:38 pm

Yes, you know first-hand. It’s awful and rewarding and sad. Tx for the comment!

7 Nadine Feldman March 15, 2012 at 11:02 am

Yep, I know those kinds of days. Glad things are looking up today. Hugs.

8 Barbara Ogle March 15, 2012 at 7:18 am

How to describe life with Mummy? Yes, you summed it up nicely. We must talk soon. I need a “whites’ update. Love, BO

9 Nancy Wurtzel March 15, 2012 at 7:46 am

Yesterday was a really difficult day, but I’m sure today will be better! Yes, “The Whites” still reign!

10 Lynda Schrader March 14, 2012 at 5:37 pm

I get it! I could say exactly the same thing right now with my Mom.

11 Nancy Wurtzel March 15, 2012 at 7:47 am

It’s like having a toddler again — only it is your parent. Sad, frustrating and heartwarming….not always in this order!

12 Angie Alaniz March 17, 2012 at 2:51 pm

I know EXACTLY what you mean by that. I am going through the same thing and it isn’t easy.
My thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family.

13 Reticula March 14, 2012 at 3:45 pm

We all have days like that. It’s OK. And thanks for being a blogger who shows her authentic life, not just the rosy parts. Hope tomorrow is better.

14 Nancy Wurtzel March 15, 2012 at 7:48 am

Hi, Thanks for your comment…I do feel a bit better today. Come back to read again — when I actually have something to say!

15 Angie Alaniz March 14, 2012 at 3:02 pm

Why the long face?
I was just writing about you and how your words on paper can make anyone smile.

Coming at you in a few mins.

16 Nancy Wurtzel March 15, 2012 at 7:49 am

Hi Angie, I received the questions and I’ll have some answers for you later today or tomorrow. Yes, a very long face yesterday, but today will be better, I’m sure. Thanks!

17 paul fenlon March 14, 2012 at 2:39 pm

Wow, you’re normally so upbeat. You need a job, or a man. Sorry it’s easy for me sitting here judging your life, and it’s hard when you can not see light at the end of the tunnel. Do you have any rip roaring best girl friends who you can really let your hair down with? It maybe time for a visit to California, a bit of sun. Paul.

18 Nancy Wurtzel March 15, 2012 at 7:49 am

Ha! You made me laugh. Yes, a job AND a man would be wonderful. Today is better — sun is out and weather is great. Thanks for commenting and reading!

Comments on this entry are closed.